Monday, June 4, 2007

On being an WIMWIan

So finally I have made it to my dream institute!!!! Honestly, I never thought (I only dreamt) that I could make it to WIMWI. However, once I got a GD PI call, I was more confident about my chances. And here I am today writing in IIM A 2007-09 batch blog and waiting for 21st June when I embark on one of the most elusive journeys in business and management.

How does it feel??? The feeling is obviously top of the world… Also comes the feeling “Will I be able to cope with the rigor for 2 years?” But when 250 people will get screwed together who cares yaar :-) The best part, however, is that you already feel the part of the IIM A community…. The yahoo group with 60-70 mails each day (must confess I have not read all of them), The orkut community, The welcome brochure sent by SAC, The party thrown by the mighty tucchas and the formal meet. The preppies are already there giving us updates about what to expect. All have contributed to the sense of belonging to the red corridors. Everyone wants to help you and has something to tell you. Just looking forward to experience what all of them have experienced!!!!

It also feels great that I have given my parents, sister and friends something to be proud of. If someone is more happy than me that’s my mom. Having not finished her formal education, it’s a matter of great pride for her that her son gets into one of the best institutes in the country. However, there are this uncles and aunties who come and tell me “ Arey yaar ab to lottery lag gayee teri, 2 saal ke baad to ab kuch nahi” They talk as if some names were pot in a box and winner was picked up. When you give CAT multiple times, when you gather information for GD PI, money is not the one and only motivation. You also want to just be there because its IIM A. Anyways this flipside is easily overshadowed by the other great feelings.

Having met Mumbaites and Puneites from my batch, I can already imagine what kind of friends I will make at WIMWI… Just looking forward to be there…

Ahmedabad here we come!!!!!!

3 comments:

knots n crosses said...

jus came across ur blog..nice thg n congrats.. i thk its that "high" alone u feel once u get thr , dats worth all the sweat n toil :)

shweta said...

wow it must feel gr8 nd a sense of deja vu since u had already been to this place a thousand times in ur dreams!!!!!!!!!!cheeeeerrrzzzz!!
shwets

Shivani said...

plz do give me sum preparation tip for CAT preparation about study materials my id z shivani.tiwari@in.edag.com